Wednesday, August 25, 2010

B-B-B-B-Blond....Pt. 1

Sooooo...now I'm a blond not so blond bombshell..sorta. Now that I'm going blond I fell like I might not cut my hair...I really like the cut I have now with the blond.

Lets start with my super awesome and not ghetto tools.

I used Manic Panic FlashLightening "AMPLIFIED" 40 volume bleach kit. I know.....super ghetto...but cheap. Lets face it, I'm a broke ass bitch...and I get a discount at Hot Topic. Normally I would not use a 40 volume developer, I think they are too harsh, and it is much easier to fry your hair with them. In this case, I didn't have a choice. I was pleasantly surprised with this one, my hair is still soft and not overly fried...yet. I'm only on my first bleach.

Next in my arsenal of not ghetto and way awesome tools is Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. Purchased for $2.50 at my local CVS, this deep conditioner is a find! Used once or twice a week it definitely makes a HUGE difference to bleached or processed hair. It is my go too cheap treatment when I fry my poor hair.

Now..the pictures.

Not sure how well it shows up on these pictures, but my hair was black at the tips with red at the root. Tricky to lift. My hair is a natural dark brown. Please excuse my no makeup face :)

I didn't take pictures of my bleach process because I wasn't wearing to much clothing at the time. Bleach ruins clothes and I will ALWAYS spill some on myself. This time I got my leg.

I started out with my bangs because that is what everyone will see first. Then worked my way to the right, then left side of my face. Finishing with the back I left the bottom of my hair dark. I covered the top of my hair with a shower cap(included in the kit) and then blasted it with my hair dryer on its hottest setting.

Then the waiting.......

........

and waiting.........

.......

and more waiting........

Till 1 hour went by. That's right, I let it sit on my hair for an hour. I have hair that can take this because it is thick and coarse. If you have fine hair I would not recommend this because it will FRY. About every 15 minutes I went in and hit it with my hair dryer again. The heat helps the bleach work, and will help for maximum color lifting. Let me tell you this shit BURNED! I was so glad to get it off my head at the end of the hour, and I was sure I would have blisters. I didn't, so I might be a drama queen but OUCH!

Once I rinsed it, I let my hair soak up my Aussie deep conditioner for about 10 minutes. I know it says 3 on the bottle but after this kind of treatment your hair needs a serious drink of water.

Now to blow drying. I used it on my lowest heat setting and did small sections at a time.  This is the scary part and why you need TWO bleachings if your going from dark to light.

I actually kinda like it...I look like a strawberry shortcake acid trip :)

And the back.

You can see, its still shiny and its actually still pretty soft. After my second bleach( maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. I want to see how long my hair wants to breath before I hit it again) I'm hoping it will be a light blond...I'd be happy with a lighter version with this. I will need a trim at the end regardless but I'm not sure if I want to completely shave it off just yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment