Monday, August 2, 2010

Go Goth With OPI

Every ones favorite nail polish brands has just released their new Halloween set. Go Goth! Personally I prefer the quality of china glaze to OPI and the brand is cheaper but I was given this set as a gift and was very excited to try it out.
(please excuse my poor photo, I'm still praying for the camera gods to bless me with a new camera after my last one met with a tragic fountain accident.)

The cute gift set comes with four colors and a lace cuff bracelet. The bracelet is very cute and I will be wearing it until it shreds off my body (that will probably be very soon.) The four colors are:
Unripened: Black with iridescent green sparkles
Nevermore: Deep Purple with a blue shimmer
Sanguine: Deep Red with lighter red shimmer
Obscurity: Black

The color I'm most excited for in this set is Sanguine. I have a million red's but there is always room for just one more.

I'm going to be honest here, the bottles are a PAIN to work with. They are tiny! When dipping the brush back in for more paint it often slipped off to the side of the bottle, and on more than one occasion the bottle tipped all the way over causing me to panic (I have white carpet!). The colors are not really anything we haven't seen before but they are nice. Obscurity doesn't look all that different from OPI's liquid leather, and liquid leather comes in a bigger bottle.  The set is very cute and for under $10 you get to try 4 of OPI's colors (that's a steal, even if they are mini bottles) and you get a cute bracelet.

If your a fan of dark colors and OPI it might be worth the buy. If I hadn't been given this set I don't think I would have picked it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment