Monday, August 2, 2010

CranieYums! Review

So...etsy..its the devil. Every time I go on etsy I end up spending more money than I have on things I know I don't need. This was the case the other day, did I need a little skull hair bow....no...did I have to have it? The answer to that riddle is YES Batman!

I have to say that I cheated this time and I didn't actually stumble upon this shop, I kinda sorta know the owner(and she is a DOLL!) and I had seen the product beforehand...all the same the bows are adorable and I am now addicted.

CranieYums is the etsy "shop for all your cutesy skull and bow needs."...that's pretty much accurate. The merch is mostly cute skull bows the the occasional cupcake or Frankenstein thrown in.
I actually stuck with the skulls for now but that Frankenstein is tempting...

All the charms on the bows are hand sculpted, painted and glazes in a "smoke free home". I'm not sure what that does for it but it is advertised on all of the bows so I'm going to say its a good thing (no smoke is good right, right.). The bows are attached to french barrettes, and on the smaller bow and the magnet the charm is glued down. On the larger bow it looks like a backing was baked in and it is sewn to the bow.


Being me, I had to get cheetah print.(This bow is actually what inspired my Cheetah Print Eye Tutorial) This is the Smaller of the two bows. It was $8

I also got a large red bow for $10

She also threw in a cute magnet for free! Here you can see the two bows side by side. The red bow has a larger bow and skull. You can also see the small differences between the three skulls that shows that they are actually made by hand( a touch that I rather like). I paid a few dollars for shipping and it literally got here next day. The bows arrived in a bubble wrapped envelope in perfect condition. The workmanship is high quality, and I was not disappointed. They are worth the price!



At the moment there are only bows up on the site, but from the sidebar I see that the owner also makes pins and necklaces. There are even bows for your pets! They come in different sizes, colors, patterns and with all kinds of charms. I will definitely be stopping back here again on my etsy adventures...I feel like I need that Frankenstein. If I could get her to make me a zombie life might be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment